Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Every Valentines Day, Jaelyn dresses each of us in our finest attire and we gather for a tea party. Jaelyn was a great hostess. She served sugar cookies, cup cakes and "sunshine" lemonade.

Roger is so vain. He deleted a pic I had here of he and Jaelyn at the tea party. He didn't think that he looked pretty enough, so therefore Jae didn't get her picture on the blog. Sorry J. I will have to go private and not invite Rog :) Party Pooper!

Mackay has to have his own tea pot because he loves to pour his own drink.


Earlier Mackay was enjoying the weather outside. We love (only because it is Valentines Day) the snow, but we are looking forward to mowing the lawn and planting flowers. Thank goodness we have 4 seasons, because by the end of another blistering summer, we will yet again
be looking forward to the snow.
(Tricia- I know you don't like animals, so you can just skip this part :)
This is Alice. Super cat. Half dog. She just burrowed into the snow and rolled and flipped around. We just watch her and laugh. She is so playful and mild mannered. Unlike Mackay :)
We gave her a bath the day before she did this. Why bath a cat you ask? Alice jumped up on the toilet and fell in - Jaelyn hadn't flushed. So, Alice got a bath and surprisingly enough, she seemed to enjoy it. I don't even have any claw marks to show for bathing a cat.

8 comments:

The Wood Monkeys said...

You know, for not liking animals, your description of Alice was so endearing!! Loved the pictures!

WhiteFamily said...

The tea party looked fun, Roger especially looked like he was enjoying himself. The snow looks deep piled up around the driveways at home. Hope you survive til spring. Love ya!

Kiesha said...

Looks like Roger is still trying to wake up. You'de think a 30 yr. old would have grown out of naps by now. j/k! I wouldn't mind a nap every day if I could get one. Anyways, what a fun tradition! I need to get more creative.
Oh, and bring on the Canasta! We usually don't get our butts kicked when I don't have Ashley sitting next to me picking up all my cards. Love ya Ash!

WhiteFamily said...

Hahaha - I'm way jelous of you guys playing cards together without us. Maybe when we come home to visit in the fall we can do the put Kiesha into labor card night at Jamies. Have fun!

theSwensenFamily said...

You have such cute birthday and valentine traditions! Wow! What a great mom you are! I loved the pictures of the tea party (I would have loved even more to see Roger drinking out of a princess tea cup). What a great dad! I can't believe all of the snow in Utah! At least you got to break away for a little bit and enjoy the sunshine in Cali!

Burnetts said...

Jamie - It is fun to see your kids too! Time goes by so fast! It has already been 3 years this spring since we moved. We are acually in Nibley, but only for a little while longer. I think Dave talked to Roger a few weeks ago, we should all try to get togther sometime.

WhiteFamily said...

Tell Roger he's a party pooper. The picture was cute!

Joni said...

Jamie freakin' Frank!

It's amazing who you find if you just blog surf a little. Found you through Lindsey.

Sup girl? What adorable kids you've got. Beware, you can't escape me now.