Sunday, February 10, 2008

Smile!

Just some things that make me smile.
We were all at the dentist's office a few days ago. The receptionist was entertaining Jaelyn with a game on her computer. She asked Jaelyn, "Who made you so cute? Was it your mom or your dad?" Jaelyn quickly and simply answered, "It was Heavenly Father". She is such a smart cookie, but also a silly one.
Another conversation that we have frequently that makes me smile is Jaelyn's idea of what 'big girls' can do. She will say, "When I'm a big girl, I can use sharp knives." She thought that being 4 meant she was a big girl. She has advanced from never being allowed to touch sharp knives to helping her dad put them away in the wood block when they empty the dishwasher. We couldn't be more proud of her :)
Mackay has started bringing on more smiles and less shock. He is a little devil that growls at everyone including the cute old lady in the grocery store that smiles at him. I have gotten past the point of being embarrassed and just started smiling. He is his own little man and has such a cute little voice. He loves the movie, Cars and we are all so entertained when he says,
'Liting Queen" and "Tracor tippin".
I don't know why I posted this silly information, but my guess is, it will be for posterity.

1 comment:

Kiesha said...

I can so picture your kids doing all those things. It's amazing how individual they can be at such a young age! Oh, and Riley for some reason doesn't think she'll be a big girl until she's five so we still have a year. :)